There’s no better way to get a conversation started than with icebreakers! While some icebreakers get a bad rep for being boring or cliché, we can’t deny that they’re a great way to get to know your group.
When it comes to virtual meetings, icebreakers are even more important because they break awkward silences. This is why we’ve put together a fun list of 210+ icebreakers for your next team meeting. Our handpicked icebreaker questions for small groups include wholesome, funny, and workplace-themed questions so that there’s something for everyone!
Icebreaker Games in a Virtual Team Builder
While icebreakers are engaging and fun, there’s a lot more to hosting a successful virtual meeting, be it for small teams or large. Video chatting platforms like Zoom or Skype help you stay connected with your remote team, but they don’t do anything more than that. Let’s Roam does!
Not only does Let’s Roam offer seamlessly embedded video chatting, but it also has a wealth of activities and events to engage your remote team. You can play games, answer trivia questions, and bond with your team in out-of-the-box ways. In addition, you can customize every activity to include your company’s team-building goals and objectives.
Planning your event is easy and hassle-free. Each event is one hour long, giving your team ample time to bond and make friends without getting bored. You don’t need to install any software or apps to take part in the fun. All you need is an internet connection, a webcam, and some adventurous spirit. A dedicated event planner organizes the entire event for you so you can relax and enjoy the fun. Additionally, a hilarious host ties the entire event together and makes sure no one feels left out. If you have a large team, you can break them up into smaller groups, so everyone has the chance to speak out!
Get ready to have the best team-building event ever!
Wholesome Icebreaker Questions For Small Groups
- What is a wholesome childhood memory that you have?
- What is your cutest pet story?
- Tell us your most heartwarming Christmas story.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What is the most thoughtful thing someone has done for you?
Funny Icebreaker Questions For Small Groups
- What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in high school?
- What was your funniest Halloween costume?
- If you could listen to only one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What would your autobiography be called?
- Tell us about one of your pet peeves.
- What’s the best knock-knock joke you know?
- Who is your craziest/most interesting relative?
- What’s your funniest talent? Or un-talent?
- Which celebrity do you shamelessly follow in the news?
- What’s a funny (appropriate) pick-up line that works for you?
- Have you ever lied about an interest/talent to impress someone? What happened next?
- What commercial jingle gets stuck in your head all the time?
- What dance move are you secretly awesome at?
- What’s a weird fact you happen to know?
In a pinch and need more funny icebreaker questions?
Work-Related Questions For The Team
- Which colleague do you think would survive a zombie apocalypse?
- If you could give a million dollars to any of your colleagues, who would you pick?
- Have you ever pretended to be doing something busy to get out of work?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What’s the best thing about working from home?
Want to explore over 250+ more icebreakers for work?
This-or-That Icebreaker Questions
- Breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast?
- Wearing pajamas to work or wearing a suit to bed?
- Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?
- Working at the beach or partying in the conference hall?
- The latest iPhone but you can use it only for calls, or an old phone 5G?
- If you could go back in time, what is one thing you would change?
- If you could live in one place for the rest of your life, where would you go?
- What would your superpower be?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
- If you could get any pet in the world, what animal would you want to bring home?
Weird Icebreaker Questions
- Would you rather be chocolate or vanilla ice cream and what does that say about your personality?
- Would you rather be a hero but have no one notice or a zero but have everyone think you’re a hero?
- Would you rather be the best at everything but have everyone dislike you, or the worst at everything but have everyone like you?
- Would you rather be a fruit or a vegetable?
- Do you think aliens exist?
- What is your favorite sandwich, and why?
- If you get super-rich, would you still like to work?
- Can you live without your smartphone or any other gadget for 48 hours?
- Which book have you read recently that you would like to recommend? Why?
Not weird enough for you? We’ve compiled over 140 more weird icebreaker questions for your enjoyment.
- What’s not a good icebreaker? Global warming
- What do you call a Jewish icebreaker? An iceberg
- What does one ice cube say to another to complement it? You are so cool.
- Why did the new ice hockey player not perform well? Because he got cold feet.
- Why did the strangers walk out onto the frozen pond? They thought it was the best way to break the ice.
- Why is a polar bear a cheap pet to have? Because it lives on ice.
- What happens when an ice cube gets angry? It boils with anger and then lets off some steam.
- What is the difference between an iceberg and a clothes brush? One crushes boats the other brushes coats!
Explore more than 120 additional icebreaker jokes here!
- Why is it so easy for an elephant to get a job? Answer: Because it will work for peanuts
- Why did the invisible man turn down a job offer? Answer: He just couldn’t see himself doing it.
- What does nobody want, yet nobody wants to lose? Answer: Work
- Why did the spider get a job in I.T.? Answer: He was a great web designer.
- An electric train is headed east. Where does the smoke go? Answer: Electric trains don’t produce any smoke!
- There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too? Answer: Monkey see monkey do
- What tastes better than it smells? Answer: A tongue
- What goes up and never comes down? Answer: Your age
Interested in more riddles? Check out over 130+ icebreaker riddles here.
- Describe an argument you had with a previous boyfriend/girlfriend. Who was at fault? Who won?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What aspect of yourself are you currently trying to improve?
- What is the most fun thing you’ve done in the last week? Month? Year?
Dating is hard, but breaking the ice doesn’t have to be. Check out these icebreakers designed specifically for dating.
BONUS: Even More Icebreaker Questions For Small Groups
- Are there any interesting things your name spells with the letters rearranged?
- If you were a potato, what way would you like to be cooked?
- Would you go to space if you knew that you could never come back to earth?
- What is the strangest gift you have ever received?
- Where did you grow up?
- If you could have any superhuman power, what would it be?
- If you could audition for a talent TV show, what song would you pick and why?
- If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
- If you could be a kitchen appliance, what one would you be and why?
- If you could take 3 things to a desert island what would they be?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Looking back at when you were younger, what was your silliest fear?
- What was your first concert? What was the best concert you’ve ever been to?
- Are you a dog person, a cat person, or both?
- What’s the last thing you got in “trouble” for?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- If you suddenly lost your eyesight, what would be the thing you missed seeing the most?
- What does your name mean? Why were you named that?
- If your house were on fire, what three items (not people) would you try to save?
- What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
- What’s the highlight of your week?
- What are your passions and how have you been fueling them lately?
- If you had to leave this city or country for good, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite movie you watched recently?
- What are you looking forward to this week or weekend?
- Rainy weekend and you are home alone. How do you spend your time?
- Science fiction? Romantic comedy? What’s your favorite movie genre?
- Who is the fictional character that you have the most in common with?
- What is something — a food or activity — that you tried reluctantly, and it turns out you like it?
- What is your favorite local restaurant?
- What day of your life would you most like to relive? Why?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve known or met? How did it happen?
- What’s the story behind the longest time you’ve gone without sleep?
- What is one of the most memorable dreams you have ever had?
- What does your name mean? Why were you named that?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- What’s the best/worst thing about your work/school?
- Are you usually early or late?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
- If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why?
- What’s been on your mind lately?
- What’s the last text you sent?
- What was something you’ve done that made you feel extreme happiness?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you did not have to sleep, how would you spend the extra 8 hours?
- What simple thing still blows your mind?
- What’s the most important thing to remember daily that you haven’t been able to?
- Show us something in your space that you really like
- What are you nostalgic about recently?
- What’s something on your bucket list?
- Would you rather listen to country or classical music?
- What’s your cellphone wallpaper?
- If you had your own talk show, who would your first guest be?
- What’s one thing you’re really bad at?
- What is your favorite theme park?
- What is your favorite weekend trip?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors? What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
- What famous animal movie character do you like the most?
- Are there any specific animals you are afraid of? Why?
- What’s the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to rock?
- You have your own late-night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest?
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- If a movie was made of your life what genre would it be, who would play you?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life what would it be?
- If aliens landed on earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them, would you go?
- What was your least favorite food as a child? Do you still hate it or do you love it now?
- You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
- Teleportation or flying?
- What breed of dog would you be?
- What is your go-to karaoke song?
- What’s your favorite thing about ducks?
- Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon?
- Camping. Love it or hate it?
- Favorite Pizza Topping?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to, and why?
- What’s something you’re worried about?
- What was your favorite recent meal, and why?
- If you could have one superpower today, what would it be, and for what purpose?
- Show us something in your space that you really like.
- What’s your favorite item you’ve bought this year?
- If money weren’t an object, what would you do with your life?
- What’s the best meal you can remember eating?
- Who is your ultimate female role model?
- What’s your favorite thing about quarantine?
- What Disney character would you be, and why?
- What’s your favorite emoji to use?
- Do you say LOL or LMFAO when you send text messages?
- If you could do anything in the world as a career, what would it be?
- If you could change places with any person in the world, where would you want to go?
- Where is the White House located?
- What is the name of the first song heard in The Lion King?
- Who was the first African American president of the United States?
- Which dwarf from Snow White mixes up his words?
- What do you call a baby goat?
- Where in the world would you live if money wasn’t an issue?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- Who had the most influence on you while growing up?
- What’s your favorite season in the year?
- Best book you’ve ever read?
- If there is a heaven, who would you most like to call there?
- What do you do when you feel fear?
- Who is your hero and why?
- Share a personal fact no one would ever guess about you.
- Which childhood book did you never forget?
- Favorite breakfast food?
- Red or White wine?
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- Best sandwich ever, what’s on it?
- Pool or beach?
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
- What is the one thing that people would find surprising about you?
- Who would play you in the movie of your life?
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Why?
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extrovert? Or a mixture of both?
- What was your favorite childhood bedtime story that you can still quote?
- If you could tour with any band, which band would you choose?
- What do you hope to be doing 10 years from now?
- Would you rather spend a year in space or living on a submarine?
- You’re at a make-your-own sundae bar. Which toppings do you choose?
- If you reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you be?
- What’s your favorite vacation?
- Where is one place you would like to travel to?
- What’s your favorite thing to do right when you wake up?
- If someone texted you right now, who would you want it to be?
- Hit the treadmill or become a couch potato?
- If you presume to be a different species for a day, which one could you be? Why?
- How would you fix your Monday Blues?
- Among your senior colleagues, who do you admire the most? Why?
- Which animal are you and why?
- What’s the weirdest/craziest fashion trend you tried?
- What’s your favorite emoji?
- What is one thing that you couldn’t live without (that’s not technology)?
- If you had as much money as you wanted for one day only, what would you do?
- Who has been your favorite teacher and why?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What incredibly common thing have you never done?
- What was your best cartoon as a child?
- Do you enjoy cooking or baking?
- What is one thing you love?
- Do you hate loud laughs?
- How many Facebook friends do you have, and how many of them are really important to you?
- What kind of clothing material do you like and why?
- What would you make up if you had to use a fake name?
- What book do you pretend is your favorite in order to appear intelligent?
- Which team members of your remote teams are the most likely to go wild without any kind of human interactions?
- What is the best compliment that you’ve received from someone in the office?
- Altogether, what is the best advice you’ve received from anyone in this office?
- Particularly, what’s the worst thing about working from home?
- Would you rather be invisible or always visible?
Using these icebreaker questions for small groups is a surefire way to get the conversation started.
Which of these icebreakers do you think you’ll use at your next meeting? Do you have funny icebreaker game ideas? Share them in the comments section!