- The previous Alto K10 was phased out when the BS6 norms were introduced in April 2020.
- The new Alto K10 will go on sale on August 18.
- Its 1-litre unit will be the S-Presso’s DualJet engine with idle-engine start/stop.
- The 2022 Alto K10 could be priced from Rs 4 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards.
- Maruti to continue offering the existing Alto alongside the 2022 Alto K10.
There is now confirmation that Maruti will be bringing back the 1-litre petrol engine and the 6-speed AMT option with the upcoming Alto. In addition, it will be the first time the moniker ‘K10’ has been used in two years. When the BS6 norms went into effect in April 2020, the previous Alto K10 no longer offered the larger capacity unit.
Details Of The Powertrain
With 68PS and 90Nm, the Alto K10’s 1-litre petrol engine was a three-cylinder unit. Both manual and automatic transmissions were available from Maruti.
It will now get the updated DualJet engine with idle-engine start/stop tech for a major bump in fuel efficiency, seen on the Celerio and S-Presso. The engine makes 67PS and 89Nm, and it comes with both a manual transmission and an automatic transmission. As a result of this updated engine, S-Presso AMT has a mileage improvement of nearly 4kmpl at 25.30kmpl.
New-gen Alto Launch And Other Updates
The new Alto K10 will go on sale on August 18, according to a recent announcement by Maruti. It is likely to be based on the S-Presso’s Heartect platform and hence will be bigger than its outgoing version. Based on previous spy shots, its design resembles that of the new Celerio.
A starting price of Rs 4 lakh (ex-showroom) is expected for the 2022 Maruti Alto K10. The hatchback’s prime rival will continue to be the Renault Kwid. Both the existing Alto and the new Alto K10 will be offered by Maruti.