Tata Nexon was the most sold SUV in India in February, selling 12,259 units.
Most Popular Tata Motors Car
The company reported a total of 39,981 units sold in February, including 2,846 electric vehicles.
The ICE lineup saw a 38.91% growth in volume growth, while the EV lineup saw a 478.46% increase.
Nexon was the brand’s most popular model in its domestic portfolio.
In India, it was the fifth best-selling passenger car.
The Nexon sold 12,259 units last month, compared with 7,929 units during the same period last year.
In February 2021, the Hyundai Venue finished second in the SUV table with sales of 10,212 units against 11,224 units.
The Hyundai Creta was the third most sold SUV with 9,606 units compared with 12,428 units last year.
The last two cars on the list are the Tata Punch and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Each recorded more than 9,000 unit sales in February.
New Nexon Variants Added
Tata Motors recently announced that the Nexon had reached the three-lakh production milestone from its Ranjangaon facility in Maharashtra.
In celebration, the company released 4 new variants: the Z+ (P), XZA+ (P), XZ+ (HS) & XZA+ (HS).
A comprehensive facelift was completed in early 2020 on the Nexon, which was introduced in late 2017.
It has a five-star Global NCAP safety rating.
Currently, it is priced between Rs. 7.39 lakh and Rs. 13.74 lakh.
Overall Passenger Car Sales, Rankings
In February, total overall car sales in India were 1,29,052 units, down 4.60% from 1,35,271 units sold in February 2021.
- Mitsubishi Suzuki topped the charts once again with 7 of its models while Hyundai and Tata Motors contributed 2 and 1 units respectively.
- The Suzuki Swift’s best-selling car with 19,202 units sold, down 5.24% from 20,264 units in February 2021.
- At No. 2, the DZire sedan sold 17,438 units, an increase of 46.53 percent from the 11,901 units sold in February 2021.
- Last month, the WagonR was the third best-selling model, with 14,669 units sold.
- The Suzuki Baleno ranked No. 4 with sales of 12,570 units, down 37.37% from 20,070 units sold in February 2021.
- Rank 5 is Tata Nexon with sales up 54.61% YoY to 12,259 units from 7,929 units sold in February 2021.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Alto are ranked 6th and 7th, respectively
There were 11,649 Ertigas sold in November, an increase of 19.18%.
From 16,919 units in February 2021, Alto sold 11,551 units, a negative growth.
- Hyundai Venue is ranked 8th with 10,212 units sold. Sales decreased from 11,224 units last year.
- In February, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio ranked 9th with sales growth of 59.25 percent, selling 9,896 units.
- The Hyundai Creta ranks out the number 10, selling 9,606 units.
This is a decline of 21.57% since it sold over 12,248 units in February 2021.