The Green PIN facility is available to all SBI customers, making it even easier to create new ATM PINs or modify existing ones. SBI account holders are shielded from unauthorised transactions since they are required to insert their unique 4-digit SBI PIN in order to withdraw money, conduct online transactions, and conduct POS transactions. Current and new SBI account holders have several options for generating SBI ATM PIN in a matter of seconds. Using the same method, account holders can generate PIN for SBI credit cards also. State Bank of India launched the Green PIN facility to make the SBI ATM PIN generation process easier for its customers. Account-holders can generate their SBI ATM PIN on their own using the SBI Green PIN facility. Learn how to create an SBI ATM PIN using SMS or ATM facility here.
Steps to generate ATM PIN through SMS
By following the below-listed steps you can generate your SBI ATM PIN via SMS:
Send an SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number with the format PIN (XXXX) (YYYY). Here the last four digits of the SBI ATM card are XXXX, while the last four digits of the SBI Account Number are YYYY.
The account holder will receive an OTP once the SMS is sent, which he or she will use to generate an SBI PIN at the nearest SBI ATM within two days.
Steps to generate SBI ATM PIN at SBI ATM
By following the steps listed below SBI account holders can generate SBI ATM PIN:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM hub and select the PIN generation option.
- Enter your 11-digit SBI Account Number and your registered mobile number with SBI.
- Now tap on ‘Confirm.’
- The next screen will display a notification thanking the account holder for joining in the SBI Green Project.
- After a successful SBI PIN generation, the SBI ATM will display a confirmation message.
- After that, an OTP will be sent to the account holder’s registered mobile number, which will be valid for two days. Visit any SBI ATM within the specified two days, select ‘Banking>PIN Change,’ and enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number when the ATM prompts you to enter the ATM PIN. Now complete the further steps to update the SBI ATM Card PIN successfully.
Steps to generate SBI ATM PIN through customer care service
- Call 18004253800, 1800112211 or 080-26599990 from your registered mobile number and select your preferred language.
- Now press 2 for selecting the ATM and Prepaid Card option and then press 1 for SBI ATM PIN Generation process.
- Now enter your SBI ATM Card number and press 1 to confirm
- After that, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, which will be valid for two days. Visit any SBI ATM within the specified two days, select the ‘Banking > PIN Change,’ option and enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number when the ATM prompts you to insert the ATM PIN. Complete the further steps to generate your SBI ATM PIN successfully.
SBI, India’s largest lender, has provided its customers with information on keeping their money safe. The SBI has suggested that ATM transactions should be performed in full secrecy to prevent any financial crimes.