Would you like smooth, hair-free skin that lasts for weeks? Even though hair removal can be a pain (both figuratively and literally), the results are worth the temporary discomfort. Many options are available for hair removal, but choosing the right one can be challenging, Shaving doesn’t last, laser hair removal is expensive, and waxing can be extremely painful and ineffective on short hairs. If you have tried all of these methods but are still unsatisfied with the results, epilating might be what you need. You will see long-lasting results, and your skin will be smooth for up to four weeks.
What is an Epilator?
The epilator is an electrical device equipped with rotating tweezers that removes multiple hairs from the root. As you move the device across your skin, the tweezers remove the unwanted hair. Although removing hair by the root may be quite painful at first, the pain decreases with every epilation session.
Two Israeli engineers invented the first hand-held epilator, the Epilady, in 1985. With the help of the motor, the machine can separate the hair at the root.
Here are three recipes for homemade facial wax that you may want to try
Why use an epilator?
Epilating has many benefits, including less noticeable new hair and smoother skin for a longer period. In addition, after frequent epilation, your hair is softer, lighter, and finer than before because epilation damages the hair’s follicle.
- You can achieve smooth skin without any hair using epilators.
- With an epilator, you can epilate as soon as you notice the unwanted hair. Epilators can grab hair as short as 0.5mm.
- Initially, epilation may be painful, but the more you do it, the less painful it becomes.
- Epilators can even be used on sensitive skin. Additionally, epilation is a safer alternative to waxing, which can irritate the skin. No chemicals are used.
- You can say goodbye to shaving rashes, nicks, and cuts.
- The procedure is more cost-effective than regular waxing or laser treatments.
Side effects of epilation
Epilation removes hair from the roots. It can be quite painful and cause irritation for some people. People with sensitive skin may also experience the following side effects:
- Redness and inflammation
- with tenderness to the touch
- with ingrown hair
After epilating, most of the side effects will disappear within a few hours. To get rid of these side effects, epilation should always be done at night.
Underarm Hair Removal at Home: Easy Homemade Recipes
How to epilate?
Preparation is the key to silky smooth, hair-free skin. It is best to begin with areas of the skin that are not so sensitive if you are a beginner.
- The day before, moisturize your skin.
- You may experience skin irritation after using an epilator at night.
- Take a warm shower to open your pores before using an epilator.
- Using an exfoliator can help loosen ingrown hairs and dead skin from your skin.
- After you’ve prepped your body, hold the epilator at a 90-degree angle to your skin and glide it slowly over your legs.
- While epilating, pull the skin tight with your other hand to minimize pain.
- You should moisturize your skin after epilating to help ease any redness and inflammation.
- Clean your epilator with a sanitizer and remove any hair to reduce the risk of infection.
TRIVIA: This device will be most effective when used slowly. You run the risk of developing infection or ingrown hair if you use the device against hair growth since it may result in hair loss.
The 5 Best Epilators
We’ve listed some of the most popular epilators for you to choose from. Please scroll down to see them!
1. Braun Silk-épil 9-880
Price: $149.99 | Number of Tweezers: 40 | Speed Settings: 2
This epilator has a broad pivoting head that can remove more hair in one stroke for long-lasting smoothness. It can shave and trim sensitive areas without nicks or cuts, which is excellent for sensitive skin. Aside from being easy to apply, it can also be used in the shower for a more relaxing experience.
- Waterproof so that you can epilate in the shower for a less painful experience.
- Other attachments can be used to epilate, gently shave and trim sensitive areas.
- A high-frequency massage cap is included to help reduce pain.
- The “SensoSmart technology” helps epilation by applying the right pressure using a red light.
Epilators or wax – Which is better for hair removal?
2. Philips Epilator Series 8000
The price is $109.99. There are 2 speeds and 32 tweezers.
In addition to being ideal for wet epilation, this ergonomically designed epilator effortlessly removes even the tiniest hairs. Due to its wider epilation head, it covers a larger area of skin and allows for a faster epilation process.
- In just 10 minutes, you can have hairless legs with this epilator.
- Special lights ensure you don’t miss any hairs.
- The device comes with a shaving head and trimming comb.
- It comes with 8 attachments, including a pedicure head for satin-smooth feet and an exfoliation brush to remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairs.
3. Panasonic ES-ED70-G
Price: $79.99 | Number of Tweezers: 48 | Speed Setting: 2
The epilator comes with two powerful wide discs with 48 tweezers. Due to its flexible head, the device can be maneuvered in difficult areas of the body. Waterproofing ensures a more comfortable hair removal procedure.
- All skin types, including sensitive skin, can benefit from this product
- Five unique blades to remove hair on arms, legs, underarms, and bikini areas.
- Lighted with LEDs for increased visibility.
- Water-resistant and can be used with bath gel.
How To Stop Hair Growth On Forehead With Simple Natural Home Remedies?
4. Epilady Speed Corded Epilator
Availability: $49.95 | Speed Settings: 2 Speeds | Number of Tweezers: 40
Since it is a corded device, you won’t need to worry about the battery life. Additionally, it is affordable and portable.
- It’s very small and quite handy
- Its unique technology enables you to position the device at a convenient angle.
- It is anti-pinch.
Top 10 Hair Removal Creams in India for a Hair-Free, Soft, and Smooth Skin
5. Remington Smooth & Silky Essential Epilator EP7010F
Price: $48, Speed Settings: 2, Number of Tweezers: 40
An updated design makes this epilator easy to use. The device is 100% waterproof, so you can use it in the shower.
- Waterproof 100%
- Includes a power cord
- Equipped with comfort barrels – this reduces irritation during the epilation process
Some of the most common ways to remove unwanted hair are shaving, epilation, waxing, threading, and laser hair removal. If you want cheap but long-lasting results, you might be better off investing in an epilator. Using an epilator, you can create smooth, long-lasting skin in the comfort of your own home by removing hair from the root. Epilation causes hair to grow back less noticeably, and when done correctly, it saves time in your grooming routine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is epilation painful?
There is no way to sugarcoat it. Yes, you will experience some discomfort when epilating, depending on your pain tolerance. The good news is that the more you epilate, the less painful it will be.
Which is better, dry epilation or wet depilation?
It’s completely up to you, since both methods are equally good. On the other hand, if you are concerned about the pain, it might be more convenient and less painful to epilate on wet skin.
When should you epilate?
Epilation frequency depends on how fast your hair grows back and the type of epilator used. As a newbie, once a week is a good time frame to start with. An epilation session can give you hair-free skin for up to four weeks.
When should I epilate my hair?
When hair is short (less than 5mm), epilators work best. Your epilator may not be able to fully remove your hair if it is too long. Shave approximately three days before epilating to give your hair time to grow out a little for the best results.
- “INTERNATIONAL REPORT; Israelis Revolutionize Hair Removal Industry” – nytimes.com
- “Is an Epilator the Hair Remover You’ve Been Looking for?” – healthline.com