Maharashtra State Innovation Society (MSInS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) to promote startup and entrepreneurship in the state of Maharashtra on 6th July 2022.
GAME will engage with the state of Maharashtra to catalyse the entrepreneurial ecosystem, by:
- Making policy recommendations, enriching the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Maharashtra.
- Implementing evidence-based incubation models or designing new initiatives that amplify mass youth and women entrepreneurship with a focus on ITIs, academic institutions and SHGs.
- Co-creating innovations across policy and programming with the goal of scaling entrepreneurship with a specific focus on access to finance.
- Bringing all the players in the entrepreneurship ecosystem to work together at the grassroots to further scale up the impact
- Suggest ways on evidence-based planning in skills development and entrepreneurship.
- Suggest frameworks to create better management systems of various initiatives/programs of the department.
“With a focus on Aatmanirbhar Bharat, the Government of Maharashtra has been implementing many initiatives to foster job creation and innovation in the state. By enabling many more MSMEs to start and grow, we can provide employment opportunities for communities, address the unemployment crisis, and improve the economic potential of the state,”said Smt Manisha Verma IAS, (Principal Secretary, Department of Skills, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Government of Maharashtra).
Maharashtra State Innovation Society is the nodal agency for startups and innovation, set up under the aegis of the Department of Skills, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Government of Maharashtra – responsible for implementing the Maharashtra State Innovative Startup Policy 2018 which envisions transforming Maharashtra by catalysing the growth of an innovation-driven entrepreneurial ecosystem to achieve wholesome and inclusive socioeconomic development. Some of the key initiatives are Maharashtra Startup Week, Startup Yatra, financial support to set up and expand incubators, financial support to startups on Intellectual Property and Certifications costs and a Women Entrepreneurship Cell (WEC) to support women entrepreneurs in the state.
“ Maharashtra State Innovation society is committed to making the state a world-class ecosystem for MSMEs to thrive. Through a number of initiatives, we are focussed on developing an entrepreneurial mindset within youth and providing a conducive environment to accelerate women entrepreneurship. With this MOU, we hope to provide the right support to these underrepresented segments and empower MSMEs across demographies to grow and thrive”, said Shri Deependra Singh Kushwah IAS (CEO, MSInS).
“GAME’s mission is to improve enabling conditions for mass entrepreneurship and accelerate growth of MSMEs, uncovering the hidden potential of women and youth entrepreneurship, and unlocking access to finance. This partnership with Maharashtra State Innovation Society (MSInS)will provide a model of how converging these focus areas can overcome barriers to growth and catalyse a mass entrepreneurship movement in the state”, said Ravi Venkatesan ( Founder, GAME)
Through this collaboration, both the Government of Maharashtra and GAME together intend to further strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem of the state through policy level interventions and on ground initiatives promoting entrepreneurship and innovation (with a focus on women and youth) to solve the larger crisis of unemployment.