Who isn’t currently sitting in their shorts or pyjamas, staring at their laptops waiting for the end of time? (Oops, did we just describe ourselves?) Since working from home is the new norm that we are all following, it is about time someone thinks of a new way to incentivize the WFH. West Virginia, has announced that it will pay people who will move there $12,000 (₹9,02,418 approx) along with a year’s free outdoor recreation worth over $2500 (₹1,88,003 ). Our bags are already packed, what about yours?
Country Roads, Take Me Home…
The state tourism office announced a new program called Ascend WV which is aimed to offer enticing package to those working from home to move to West Virginia. Currently, Ascend WV will provide relocation packages to incoming residents, starting with 50 slots, for those interested in moving to Morgantown, home to West Virginia University. Once the pace picks up, this program will expand to more cities across the state.
What Does The Relocation Package To West Virginia Offer?
If these aren’t some attractive schemes, then we don’t know what is! Now let’s see what the relocation package includes:
- $12,000 cash
- A year of free outdoor recreation including whitewater rafting, rock climbing, ziplining, ATV-ing, golfing, and skiing
- Over $1,200 worth of free outdoor gear rentals
- Free access to co-working spaces
- Professional advancement through WVU, including access to the business school’s “entrepreneurship ecosystem” and the ability to obtain remote work certifications
- Networking events with state business leaders
- Social events to help incoming residents meet new people
This Offer Is Applicable To People Working Remotely
Now if you wish to be eligible for the program, you must currently work remotely or have the ability to work remotely full-time at a business based outside of West Virginia or be self-employed outside the state. You will also need to provide evidence of employment and income prior to your acceptance. Also, you need to be a US citizen or permanent legal residents and must reside full-time outside the state and have the ability to relocate to the greater Morgantown area within six months of acceptance. To learn more and apply to the Ascend WV remote work program, visit its website >>> https://ascendwv.com/.