Health benefits of fig (Anjeer) fruit: Your ability to fight diseases depends on how nutritious and balanced the diet you consume. Antioxidants are found in abundance in fruits, which increase the ability to fight infection and disease. One such fruit is fig which is rich in calcium and iron and relaxes the body giving calming effects.
Figs are beneficial for people with diabetes too. Due to the abundance of iron and calcium, it helps in recovering from anaemia as well. Vitamin B2, B1, A, iron, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, and sodium are also found in figs. By consuming it, infections and diseases like cold, cough, and indigestion are eliminated from the body.
Nutritional value in one dried fig
- Calories: 49
- Protein: 0.579 g
- Carbs: 12.42 grams
- Fibre: 2.32 grams
- Total Fat: 0.222 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0445 g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.106 g
- Monosaturated Fat: 0.049 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
Talking About Some other Fig Properties.
- Hypertension: The problem of hypertension arises due to low potassium and high sodium level. But figs are high in potassium and low in sodium, so it aids in managing hypertension too.
- Fiber: Figs contain fiber which reduces obesity by keeping the weight in balance. Do you know there is no fear of getting postmenopausal breast cancer due to the fiber found in a fig?
- Blood circulation: Cut two figs in half and soak them in a glass of water overnight; drinking this water in the morning improves blood circulation.
- Fatty acids: Dried figs contain phenol, omega 3, omega 6 and these fatty acid helps reduce the risk of coronary heart diseases.
- Potassium: Figs help control blood pressure and blood sugar due to being an excellent source of potassium.
- Calcium: Figs are rich in calcium, which also helps in the strengthening of bones.