Destiny 2 offers a variety of weapons, each with its mods, perks, and shaders. However, it can be a bit challenging to manage and sort these gear items. Fortunately, third-party apps such as Destiny Item Manager can help. However, several Guardian players in the community are unsure how to use it. If you’re unsure how to use Destiny Item Manager (D.I.M.) in Destiny 2, check out our guide.
What is Destiny Item Manager (D.I.M.) in Destiny 2
D.I.M. is a tool that helps you manage your gear items by sorting and categorizing them. So, head over to the Destiny Item Manager website (link).
- Firstly, you need to Authorize the app or website to access your Bungie.net account.
- You need to enter your account credentials to log in to your account.
- This is required to access your account’s vault, achievements, ranks, and progression.
- Once you are logged in to the account, you can see all the items in your inventory and vault.
- You can see all of the gear items of your different characters and classes.
How to Use the Destiny Item Manager (D.I.M.)
Destiny Item Manager has a plethora of functions that save you from heading H.E.L.M. or the Tower. You can create custom load-outs and move different gear items to your vault. As you start with the D.I.M., you will see other tabs, and each of these tabs has its different and unique functions. So, here are all the functions of D.I.M.:
- Inventory Tab: This tab shows the progression of all the weapons in your inventory and vault. You can find out the maximum power level of all the characters. The inventory tab also allows you to see your Postmaster and the Engrams. You can also collect the Postmaster to earn items and different rewards.
- Progress: As the name already suggests, you can see all of your challenges and objectives. These can range from missions to different bounties and challenges.
- Vendors: It shows the list of all the Vendors and their inventories as well as rewards. Over here, you can also see your completed banners.
- Records: This tab or function shows the collection of all of your achievements, triumphs, and trophies.
- Loadout Optimizer: With this function, you can manage your loadouts and different builds. You can also sort them to get higher stats.
Image Source – IamFrostyyy on YouTube.
- Organizer: It is a more detailed breakdown of every weapon. You can find out their Archetype and applied perks, mods, shaders as well as cosmetics.
Filters and tags can also be used to make access much easier. Alternatively, you can use the Search bar to find your weapons or gear.
That’s everything you need to know about Destiny Item Manager (D.I.M.) in Destiny 2. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to find total time wasted and more guides on our dedicated section for Destiny 2 right here on I.M.P.