Despite the fact that SMS protect feature is designed to protect players from toxicity in-game, it may be possible for players to sneak past it and still cause trouble. If a player keeps getting reported in Overwatch 2, you can block and report him or her so that Blizzard will take action against them.
Online multiplayer games like this one may have players who are unfamiliar with the FPS genre and may fumble during their learning process. There will also be “new” players in OW2 who are already veterans in the genre due to years of playing Fortnite, Valorant, Apex Legends, or CSGO. In the chat, it’s very important to be kind to others. However, if someone chooses to be abusive, follow the steps below.
How to Block and Report Players in Overwatch 2
It is possible to block and report a player in OW 2 who is harassing you or a friend via voice chat or text chat.
- Go to the Social tab from the main menu, after a game where you encountered the toxic player.
- Click on Recent Players from the menu on the top.
- Right-click on the player’s name and from the options that appear choose to either Block or Report them.
- If you Report, you will be asked the reason behind it.
- Abusive Chat
- Gameplay Sabotage
- Bad Battletag
- Choose the category that’s most appropriate and click on Continue to confirm the report.
How to Unblock Players in OW 2?
In the event that you change your mind about a particular player, you can unblock them easily. Find the player’s name under Recent Players and right-click on their name to see the options. Select Unblock and they will be immediately unblocked.
In OW2, that’s everything you need to know about blocking and reporting players. While you are here, don’t forget to find out what are souvenirs. You can also check out our guides on Overwatch 2 if you want to learn more about this game.