Modern Warfare 2 has a new game mode called Knock Out that players want to learn how to play. According to the description, the objective is to eliminate the other team or have cash left when the timer expires. Despite this, players are uncertain about the timer, respawning, and other match conditions. So in this guide let us check how to play Knockout mode in Call of Duty (CoD) MW2 and check some tips for winning matches.
How to Play Knock Out Mode in Modern Warfare 2
In Call of Duty MW2, you win rounds by holding the package or eliminating the other team. What you need to know about this new mode is as follows:
- Main objectives to win the round:
- The first is to find and hold the package of cash until the timer runs out.
- And the second objective is to eliminate the other team completely.
- Win condition for the match:
- The team that wins 5 rounds first, wins the match.
The game has no timer for its rounds and is a 6v6 team mode. The goal is simply to collect the cash package at the center of the map and hold on to it for 45 seconds. The catch is once you, a teammate, or the opponent picks up the package, the holder will be visible on the minimap. They will also have the package icon above them, while both teams can see the time left to defend or retrieve the package.
In this mode, respawns do not occur, and a downed player or teammate can only be revived once they have been downed.
Tips for Winning Knock Out in Modern Warfare II
Due to the fact that there are two objectives, you can utilize them both. Several ways can be used to accomplish this:
- Eliminating the other team: Allow me to elaborate more on this to explain it better. Since the package carrier is visible on the map, you can let the enemy take the package. Using this method, you can locate the carrier. So you can accordingly hunt the package holder and eliminate the enemies in the possible defensive positions. Thus eliminating and preventing them from reviving their teammates can help win the round.
- Setting up a trap: This tip requires you to carry the package. So two players from a team can retrieve the package, where one is the holder and the other is a backup. The goal is to run adn lead the enemies to a spot where the rest of the team waits. The team can then launch surprise attack on the enemies by ambushing them.
This guide covers how to play the Knockout Mode in Call of Duty (CoD) Modern Warfare 2 and some winning tips. If you play this game on a PS5, check out our guide on enabling 120 FPS to get an upper hand. And for more help on this game check out our Modern Warfare II guides.