On the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, there are numerous apps that allow you to share your location, but not all of them are accurate. The one which is always there to rescue you is the Google Maps, you can track location, navigate to new places, avoid traffic, look for the shortest route, and a lot more among the others. However, the app can also share your location with your loved ones so that they are aware of your location.
People who travel from one place to another or live away from home for work will always share their locations with their friends and family. However, you should take care not to share it with someone who you don’t know, since the app will display your name, real-time location, battery status, and tagged locations.
How to share your Real-Time Locations via Google Maps
- First, you need to open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- You will then need to click on your profile photo in the top-right corner.
- There is a drop-down menu, where you have to select Location Sharing.
- Now select the time duration as per your requirement.
- Select one hour, 12 hours, or Until you turn it off.
- Now you have to select the Google account with which you want to share the location.
- You can type the Google ID and add the person.
- You can also share the location via Messenger, WhatsApp, and other services.
- Once the link is shared, you’re good to go.