Instagram is focusing on adding more business-oriented features this year. The recent update may lead to an exclusive now on early access.
IG stories can now be accessed through clickable links on the social media platform. There is also a new Link Sticker option that users can try right now. Previously, this feature was only available to those with a large following.
Instagram’s Clickable Link Stickers
According to a statement by Forbes, Instagram declared on its blog post that it will now expand the ability to insert links in Stores for all accounts. With this cool feature, you can add a dedicated URL, as well as select different colors.
Whenever someone views your Stories, he or she can click on your added sticker to go to a specific link.
Moreover, the social-sharing application is looking for ways to enhance customization options. Specifically, the platform wanted to clarify what a user would see when they click the link.
An account may not be able to use the feature or unsee the option for the link sticker. This could happen if the user’s account is still “too new.”
It’s also important to remember that those who have been reported due to inappropriate content are barred from using this feature. For some time, those who can’t utilize the “Clickable Links” could wait for now until the feature becomes available for them.
How to Add Clickable Links to Your Instagram Stories
By removing the feature’s restriction, anyone can now add links using the Link Stickers. Even though the company may take some time to roll out the feature to all accounts, you can test it as early as now.
Here’s how to get started with the Clickable Links
- On your phone, open the Instagram application and swipe right. Following that, an option will appear telling you that you can now upload media to a story.
- Swipe up after adding a photo or a video to see a sticker selection. Click the Link icon to see the sticker options. You can find it next to the poll widget choices and below the GIF.
- Click the Link button. Paste the URL that you wish to include in Stories.
- The link will appear afterward. It can be moved anywhere in your stories.
- A Link Sticker will appear that you can click. You will be redirected to the URL you posted if users click on it.
- Be sure to share anything you post on your Stories.
Instagram Pronouns Feature.
Earlier this year, we reported that Instagram is now offering a special feature for gender identification. Facebook added pronouns including ey/em/eir, fae/faer/faers, xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and thons/thons.
How to Check Instagram is Down?
When Instagram is down, there is a method that you can use to find out if it is working. Go to the Help page and look for Issues. Also, make sure you update your app to its latest version.