This Sunday, the Indian Air Force released the details of the IAF Agnipath recruitment system scheduled for June 24.
IAF Agnipath Recruitment
The event is happening amid the ongoing protest against the scheme which will recruit youngsters into the military for a period of four years.
Regarding this, the defense ministry has already announced a 10% reservation for Agniveers and they will have the same quota in CAPF and the Assam Rifles under the Union home ministry.
It appears that the announcements have been made to assuage the protesters.
Further, the IAF document lists the details about the eligibility, educational qualification, medical standards, assessment, leave, remuneration, life insurance cover etc among many other factors.
Indian Air Force ‘Agnipath’ Recruitment Scheme Highlights
The Indian Air Force has released the details on ‘Agnipath’ recruitment scheme. Let’s go through the top highlights from the IAF Agniveer contract.
1. During the period of engagement, the IAF Agniveers will have to wear a distinctive insignia on their uniform.
2. These Agniveers will be entitled to honors and awards.
3. The IAF is planning to maintain a centralized high-quality online database of Agniveers and the skills attained by the Agniveers will be recorded and assessed.
4. These recruits will get 30 leaves per year and other sick leaves based on medical advice.
5. They will not be released at their own request before the completion of four years, except for the exceptional cases, that too with the approval of the competent authority.
6. Coming to the remuneration, the individuals enrolled under this scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs 30,000 per month with a fixed yearly increment. Besides this, the risk and hardship, dress and travel allowance will be paid.
7. The contract talks about a dedicated Agniveer Corpus Fund which will not lapse and each and every Agniveer will contribute 30% of this income to this fund. So that the government can provide an interest rate equivalent to the Public Provident Fund.
8. After completion of four years, the Agniveers will be eligible to receive the Seva Nidhi package which will be the accumulated amount of their monthly contribution to the corpus fund plus the government’s contribution with interest. Also it will be exempted from the income tax.
9. In case Agniveers exit the service before their engagement period at their own request then they will only receive the Seva Nidhi package consisting of their own contribution.
10. The recruits will also be provided with a life insurance cover of Rs 48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement as Agniveers in the IAF.
The recruitment process is open to those below 18 years, so the enrolment form will need to be signed by the parents of the minors, as per the IAF document.