The Universal Account Number (UAN) has been introduced by the Employees Provident Fund (EPFO). It is a 12-digit number that every employer contributing to EPF has. The UAN of an employee remains the same throughout life irrespective of the number of jobs the person changes.
It is important for all not to misplace your UAN or your member portal login credentials. Unfortunately, if you have misplaced your UAN login password, here is the step-by-step guide to changing/reset your UAN login password and regain access to your account.
How to reset/change your UAN login password:
- Go to EPFO Member e-SEWA official website Login Page unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in.
- The homepage will appear. Now, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ on the right-hand side.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the UAN number. Enter the captcha code and click on the submit button.
- Then enter your UAN password again. Also, enter your registered mobile number and click on yes to receive the OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on the verify option.
- Once verified, you will be asked to enter the new password twice.
- Finally, click on submit and log in with the new password.
How to update/change UAN password after login:
- Go to EPFO Member e-SEWA official website and Log in to the portal using your credentials.
- On the top menu bar, click on the Account option.
- Now click on the change password option and now enter your old password and then the new password and confirm your new password again.
- Once done, click on update, and you will receive a notification of the password successfully changed.