Houseplants are not only growing more and more popular these days, but they are becoming an integral part of interior décor as well. Houseplants add a living element to interior design and can make any space more peaceful. Check out some houseplant display ideas that you can use for your interior space.
How to Display Houseplants
Let’s explore various ways of positioning houseplants on your walls, ceilings, and floors.
Displaying Potted Plants on Walls
Displaying potted plants on your walls can be done in a variety of interesting ways:
- Create a living wall with numerous hanging plants placed on a bookshelf or even on a mounted wall shelf. Choose trailing plants such as spider plants, pothos, philodendron, and hoyas. As they grow and trail, you will be creating a living green wall.
- Plants can be displayed on a ladder shelf or a free-standing ladder against a wall.
- Instead of a piece of artwork on a wall behind a sofa, create a living wall with an arrangement of wall-mounted self-watering pots or shelves with various houseplants.
- Create rustic wall displays by mounting re-purposed lumber slabs on walls to which you can attach potted plants to.
- Place a shelf of houseplants above the headboard of your bed.
Displaying Potted Plants on Ceilings
You can hang trailing plants from ceiling hooks in front of your windows as an obvious option. For added interest, use hanging houseplants displayed at various heights for a staggered effect.
- A more creative way of displaying potted plants on ceilings is to hang a suspended wooden frame over a dining room or kitchen table. Then fill the suspended frame with trailing plants such as pothos.
- Don’t have much counterspace? Hang a plant from a ceiling. Use a beautiful macramé hanger for added interest.
- Create “floating” plant displays from the ceiling using a thin chain to hang plants, or even driftwood with orchids or other epiphytes mounted onto them.
- Hang a trailing plant in the corner of a room for interest, especially if you don’t have the floor space for a larger floor plant.
Displaying Potted Plants on Floors
- Place potted plants on each step of your staircase.
- If you have an unused fireplace, display houseplants in front of the fireplace.
- If you have tall ceilings, take advantage of the space and grow large floor plants such as fiddle leaf fig, rubber tree, Swiss cheese plant, and others.
- Use large wicker baskets to dress up your potted plants on the floor.
Other Creative Ways to Decorate with Houseplants
- For a living centerpiece, arrange three pots in the center of your dining room or kitchen table.
- Use towel racks mounted in front of a window to suspend houseplants from.
There are no limits to your creativity, so why not try some new ideas for displaying houseplants?