EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund), or PF (Procident Fund) is a government-sponsored savings plan for organized-sector employees. EPFO offers a variety of services through the government’s unified mobile app, Umang. The Google Play Store/App Store is where you can get the app.
Both the employee and the employer contribute to the employee’s EPF account on a regular basis under the PF plan. Employees should contribute at least 12% of their base wage as a minimum contribution. The employer is also required to contribute the same amount, i.e. 12% of the employee’s basic wage.
EPFO offers employees to check the status of their claim with the PF after they seek to withdraw their EPF funds. This service is available to Employees’ Provident Fund members, subscribers, and pensioners who have filed a claim at any EPFO office around the nation. This feature allows you to keep track of the status of a claim you’ve submitted.
Check your EPF claim status via various channels with these step-by-step instructions:
Check your EPF claim status via UAN Portal:
- Visit the UAN Member portal and log on with your UAN and Password.
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ tab and a drop-down will appear.
- Click on the third option- ‘Track Claim Status.
- On the screen, you’ll see the progress of your online withdrawal/transfer claim.
Check EPF claim status without UAN:
- Visit the official site of EPFO.
- Then go to the ‘Know your Claim Status’ section.
- Now select the ‘Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status’ option.
- Select your PF Office State and city from the drop-down menu.
- Then enter your PF number and click on ‘Submit’.
- The status of your claim will now show on your device’s screen.
Check your EPF claim status Via the EPFO website:
- Visit the official EPFO portal at epfindia.gov.in.
- Now find the ‘For Employees’ option under the tab ‘Services’.
- Click on the ‘Know Your Claim Status’ option under the heading ‘Services’ on the page.
- The EPFO portal will then show you the button ‘Click here to get redirected to the passbook application’. https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login
- Now enter your UAN and password to access your account and complete the captcha.
- The option to ‘View Claim Status’ will now appear. To check the status of your EPF claim, select that option.
Check your EPF claim status via SMS
If a mobile number has been linked to the account, the EPFO also sends SMS alerts. Employees can verify the progress of their claim by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from their registered mobile number. ‘EPFOHO UAN LAN’ must be the SMS format. The ‘LAN’ in this format refers to the language code in which you wish to receive the information. The table below shows the various languages and their codes.
The facility is available in 10 languages.
- English – Default
- Hindi – HIN
- Punjabi – PUN
- Gujarati – GUJ
- Marathi – MAR
- Kannada – KAN
- Telugu – TEL
- Tamil – TAM
- Malayalam – MAL
- Bengali – BEN