Global professional services company Cognizant helps clients transform their businesses, operating models, and technology for the digital age.
The unique industry-based consultative approach used by Cognizant helps their clients run innovative as well as efficient businesses.
With a ranking of 193 in the Fortune 500, it is always making waves in its industry and is highly regarded amongst global corporations.
For more information on these vacancies, read on:
Details About the Job
Role – DevOps Engineer
Qualification – B.E./B.Tech
Job Location – Hyderabad
Package – Industry Standard
Experience – 0 to 1 year
Must have skill – Java
Good to have :
- AWS Cloud
- React JS
- Spring Boot
- Understand the user story as well as the alignment to the features from the owner
- Identifying as well as recommending new and alternate features
- Size user story or effort size in the area of work concerned
- Track as well as reports the efforts that are estimated
- Participate in the innovative sessions for process improvements and adherence
- Implementation of process improvements in order to reduce manual intervention
- Support the process audit activities
- Generate ideas to provide value add and share the same with relevant stakeholders
Speaking of DevOps, it is a great career choice. The demand is increasing steadily and following are some things to consider.
Following are things to consider :
- Demand : By eliminating the conflicts between development and operations teams, DevOps is revolutionizing software development and deployment in companies.
It prevents as well as helps in resolving the production issues which eventually translates into better customer experience, feedback, and communication.
DevOps-related technologies are high on demand. Leading job search portals like indeed.com have witnessed a 75% rise in listings of DevOps jobs, and social media sites like LinkedIn have recorded a 50% increase in mention of DevOps as a skill.
- Career Path : Your career path in DevOps can see you start as a Release Manager, then move up to DevOps Test Engineer, DevOps Cloud Engineer, and finally, a DevOps Architect. In India, a DevOps engineer can earn Rs.6.5 lakhs on an average according to PayScale and Glassdoor salary statistics.
- KRAs: As a highly effective DevOps engineer, you should have the following DevOps skills, which embody the DevOps mindset:
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of tools and technologies in software development
- Comfortable with higher testing and deployment frequencies
- Experience with operation in the production environment
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Experience with data management
- Determination to achieve business outcomes
- Ability to identify and eliminate organizational silos by embracing team collaboration and communication
- Need for efficiency and the ability to use automation tools toward this end
- Understanding of process reengineering
- Knowledge of the production environment
- Project management skills