Google Map was launched in 2005 and it has since become one of the most popular navigation apps and a problem solver for many. Google Maps has become a familiar tool for many users who are out there in delivery jobs, traveling, driving cabs, finding news places, restaurants, and more. Google Maps is free to download, so anyone can use it. In addition to tracking someone without letting them know, Google Map comes with a variety of features. Yes! It’s true, the navigation app allows users to track someone without their permission, locate their phone, and more.
Do note, however, that tracking someone without their permission is a privacy breach and we do not recommend you use this feature unethically. This feature enables users to keep an eye on their family or friends for their safety. WhatsApp also has a feature called Live Location sharing, but it doesn’t work on PCs. In this article, we have compiled a list of ways that you can track your friends on Google Maps.
How to Track Someone Using Google Maps
In order to share the Google Map location on iOS and Android devices, follow the steps below.
- The first step is to add the Gmail address of the users with whom you want to share the location to your Google Contacts.
- You must now open Google Maps on your iOS device and tap on the profile picture.
- Select location sharing from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the time duration, you must tap on more contacts, then tap on add people.
- To proceed, you must grant permission.
- When you’re done, tap on Share and you’re done.
- If the user does not have a Google account, you can share the location link via messages.
- Click on the profile picture in Google Maps.
- Select Location Sharing.
- Tap on Add People.
- Choose a sharing period and tap on Contact.
- Choose the Gmail ID with whom you want to share the location, and you’re all set.
- The link can also be shared from the Add People section.