TCS will hire more than 40,000 freshers this year from Indian campuses.
It will hire candidates through its qualification exam “National Qualifier Test” (NQT), starting on August 30.
With the NQT Score, candidates can apply to any entry-level role in any company.
TCS National Qualifier Test
These scores are valid for two years and are based on the following sections:
- Ability to function verbally, mathematically, and logically
- Psychometric profile to evaluate personality traits and dispositions in the workplace
- Knowledge of industry dimensions, i.e., understanding of the aspects of business that are unique to each industry
- Expertise in relevant subject areas to the industry
There will be no negative marking.
It is not exclusive to TCS hiring but other corporations to tap into the pre-certified talent pool.
To ensure the availability of certified talent throughout the year, tests are conducted every quarter.
Freshers or those with less than two years of work experience are the targets demographic for the test.
You must have an NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score to register for Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test), Industry NQT, and Subject NQT.
It evaluates a candidate’s perception of concepts such as:
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses English grammar, appropriate usage of the same, and reading comprehension
- Reasoning Ability: This section considers identifying words and numeric patterns, problem-solving, figural and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning, and visual-spatial reasoning.
- Numerical Ability: This section sets number systems, arithmetic, elementary statistics, data interpretation.
For the exam to be administered, the following prerequisites must be met:
- UG, PG, and Diploma scholars in their pre-final and final year
- Students with any degree and specialization/discipline
- Freshers with less than 2 years of industry experience
Where To Apply
Applications are now being accepted for the NOV 2021 (the previous quarters being February, May, August) exam cycle on this direct link.
Exams will begin on August 30.
Registration ends on August 15.
The exam can be arranged online or at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres.
Different individual tests and bundles of test packages and their rates starting from Rs 399 are also displayed on the website.
Brands Which Recognize NQT Scores
On the link, one can also find a list of the various companies that accept NQT scores.
Leading brands accept the score as it is not limited to TCS only.
Accepting brands include Croma, Titan, Equifax, Vedantu, TeamLease, and Mphasis.