Twitter is currently the most popular micro-blogging platform in the country. Among its many benefits is the fact that it connects people from all over the world. The users get minute by minute updates about the activities happening around the world. You can use Twitter to speak for or against a topic and this platform helps you bring your voice in front of people from different nations.
Everything in this world has a dark side, and Twitter is no exception. There are times when people are roasted on the platform and there are times when hate comments hurt a community or group. Whenever you feel overwhelmed by toxicity on Twitter, you can take a break from the platform, and the best way to do that is to temporarily deactivate your account.
After you deactivate your account on this platform, you are given a period of 30 days to return and use the platform; however, if you fail to do so, your account will be deleted permanently and the username will be made available to other users.
Deactivate your Twitter account and take a break from the platform
- Log on to your Twitter account from a web browser and tap on the ‘More’ option which is located on the left hand-side corner of the screen.
- You will have to select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option to proceed further.
- Open the ‘Account Tab’ where you will have to tap on ‘Deactivate Your Account’.
- Tap on the ‘Deactivate’ option to proceed further.
- Now you will need to insert your account password and press ‘Deactivate Account Button’ to successfully deactivate your account.
Alternatively, you can deactivate your account from within the Twitter app.
- Open the Twitter app on your device and click ‘Home’.
- Go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option and then click on ‘Your Account’ menu.
- Now you can simply click on the ‘Deactivate Your Account’ option and then insert your password to proceed further.