On Thursday, the Maharashtra government launched the e-pass facility for fully vaccinated citizens and wished to travel in suburban trains.
In July, the State government announced the introduction of a QR-coded universal pass that would ease the travel experience for local Train travelers and keep a close watch on the issuance and usage of counterfeit train/metro tickets and passes.
It will make the process of obtaining e-passes very convenient for the city’s citizens.
The only requirement for obtaining this ”Universal Travel Pass” is that the traveler should be adequately vaccinated and must have achieved the required 14 days after the date of the second dose.
Universal QR Pass Mandatory for Travelling in Locals
The state government has developed a ”universal travel pass”, equipped with a QR code, which will check travelers using fake passes amid the travel restrictions.
The state government developed the website https://epassmsdma.mahait.org/.
The Disaster Management and Relief Fund Rehabilitation had developed a web link to provide e-pass to employees and citizens working in the essential services.
Now, these e-passes will be made available to ordinary citizens, too, provided they are fully vaccinated and have completed 14 days since the second dose before boarding the train.
“”This web link will be available on all web browsers. The e-pass should be saved in mobile, and after showing the e-pass at the ticket window at suburban railway stations, the citizens will get a monthly travel pass directly from the railways. Thus, offline verification will not be required at railway stations if a universal e-pass is obtained,” said a BMC official.
They also added that eligible citizens applying for the pass will be automatically verified to complete the Covid-19 vaccination through the weblink. No separate human interaction will be required for this online verification process.
The citizens who apply without completing 14 days after the second dose of vaccine will receive an e-pass only after 14 days.
How to Apply for Universal Travel Pass
- There is a call to action for the ‘Universal Travel Pass’ on the state Disaster Management and Relief Fund Rehabilitation website.
- Simply click on this link: Universal Travel Pass.
- Click on ”Travel Pass” for vaccinated citizens.
- Add the number registered with your Covid-19 vaccination, followed by receiving an OTP via text.
- On entering the OTP, your details like name, reference number, etc., will appear on the screen.
- Click on ”Generate Pass”. Upload your photograph in the ”Self Image’Image’ option.
- Once you agree to all the conditions and submit the form, your application will be reviewed personally by the authorities.
- After completing this process, the message will appear stating that the applicant will receive a link in 48 hours via SMS.
- Save your e-pass in your device’s gallery.